Light Pollution & Skyglow
- Lamp Spectrum and Light Pollution: The other side of yellow light
- is a presentation to the CORM 2008 by C. Luginbuhl, D. Keith and J. Knox, discussing the relative contribution to skyglow by different light sources.
- Limiting the impact of light pollution on human health, environment and stellar visibility
- is a paper by F. Falchi et. al. published in the Journal of Environmental Management in 2011, discussing skyglow and proposing specific mitigation strategies - the abstract is available here.
- Rayleigh Scatter Index (RSI)
- introduces this metric for comparative reflectance of the atmosphere.
- RSI Data for Sources
- has the results of RSI evaluations of different sources, in terms of overall RSI and evaluating the RSI SPD's by photopic, scotopic and melanoptic sensitivity functions.
- Roadway Unit Uplight Density (UUD) Calculation Examples
- includes information about calculating UUD with references and examples.
- Sources, Surfaces and Atmospheric Scatter: The Rayleigh Scatter Index
- is the paper submitted to the International Dark-sky Association 2003 Annual Conference in Tuscon, AZ in March. The abstract is here. The Powerpoint presentation is available here.
- Unit Uplight Density (UUD)
- What Blue Skies Tell Us About Light Pollution
- is a introduction to the issues of skyglow and particularly evaluation of relative contributions by different light sources.
If you have suggestions, comments or recommended sites, please
This site is provided as a public service by resodance publishing co. and no guarantee is implied or provided.
This page is served & maintained by &
last changed on 1 Jun '12 by